Saturday 14 June 2014

Leopard Print with Claire's School Day


Hi everyone!

Long time no see :/ Or well, a week anyway - so sorry! I've been busy writing my final paper (about Harry Potter, awesome right!) so I haven't been able to do much nail art the past week. But I'm back now!

I have another leopard print for you today - my inspiration machine (aka my head) isn't fully working in nail art mode but more in paper mode lately. So I went for a design I knew I would love ;)

I recently broke my oath to myself again and bought some more polish, even though my papers and exams arent't fully finished yet. Booh me. But anyway, I'm glad I bought them, because today I'm showing you one that I love!


I bought School Day from Claire's, which has tiny black and white circles, black and white bigger hexagons, and black and white bars in a clear base. I had seen some polishes like this in swatches, but I didn't own one yet and it was on my wishlist - when I saw this one I didn't hesitate to pick it up! I love it a lot :D


For my design today I used:
School Day - Claire's
Amazing California Love - OPI
Push and Shove - OPI
Alpine Snow - OPI


I made the leopard spots with Push and Shove, and did the outlines with black acrylic paint. I then made the pink stripes by putting some tape on part of my nails to ensure the line was straight. I put small black caviar beads on it and topped the pink parts off with School Day.


So, yeah, another leopard print, but a bit more intricate this time! I quite like the entire look, and I especially like School Day a lot! I won't be posting a lot this week because I still need to write a paper, but by the end of next week I'm all done so I'll have lots of time for nail art again! :D

Thanks for reading!

p.s. What do you think of my new "You may also like" widget? I'm quite liking it, it makes my blog look more professional haha! Big thanks to Lucy and to my boyfriend for helping me out with it! :D



20 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah for leopard print! ;-) But applying the micro beads must have been a pain in the ...
I really like the "You may also like" thing, I want to have something like this too. I tried it with Linkwithin, but it doesn't work and the support is not answering my question... So would you mind telling me how you did it?

Robin said...

Haha, indeed yay for leopard print! The microbeads were actually okay to do, I thought it was going to be awful and frustrating but they behaved well! Or maybe I was just glad to be doing something else than writing papers haha! I'll send you an email about the "you may also like" because it's easier to explain that way ;)

Galorious said...

Ooh i love it! Im the opposite to you, i bought so many new nail polishes because i have my exams! Haha i guess its theraputic!

Robin said...

Haha that's very funny! I just felt guilty for buying new pretty things while I should actually be focussing on exams and papers, but it does work kind of therapeutic to buy new polish! :)

Nerdy & Fleurty said...

I have the same problem with linkwithin! I've tried a lot to add that widget but it doesn't seem to work. Robin, can you please send me an email too? :)

Robin said...

Haha, sure thing! I'll send it right away :)

Saskia said...

Love the widget! Super professional indeed! Good luck on your last week and the nails are also very pretty of course~

Robin said...

Thank you Saskia! I'm glad I was able to figure out how the widget works! :) My final paper is coming along nicely so I think it will turn out good!

Ela said...

Good luck on your last hard week! This manicure's amazing, I love this microbeads, it looks so perfect!:)

Robin said...

Thanks Ela! You're always so sweet :)

My Nail Polish Online said...

Oh I love this manicure! The combination of colors and patters is really awesome!

Robin said...

Thanks a lot! :)

Julia ~Creativenails4fun~ said...

Wow this leopard print looks so creative :) I like this manicure!

XX julia

Robin said...

Thanks Julia! :)

Little Red Loves said...

absolutely love it! so creative!! xx

Robin said...

Thank you! :)

Unknown said...

I've been looking for a polish similar to School Day, but I couldn't find any here in India. I guess I'll just give in and order one online.
And your mani looks incredible, as always :)

Robin said...

Hehe it's a cool polish right? I was glad I found it :) Thanks!

Monica Hein ~ Beauty Diary said...

this is so pretty

Robin said...

Thanks Monica :)

Post a Comment