Thursday, 7 November 2013

Moustaches Here, Moustaches There, OMG There's Moustaches Everywhere!


Okay, since this months is all about Movember, I decided to participate as well! No, I didn't grow a moustache, but I drew little staches on my nails!


I started by painting the little triangles on my nails using striping tape. Then I painted my nails in a base colour, and on the four nails with triangles I painted the contrasting colour on very carefully. 
After that, I decided to emphasize the triangles with white - it's freehanded, which you can see, but I have to learn to make good stripes without striping tape so all I can do is practice practice practice!

After this, the base design was ready. I then painted on little black moustaches, using a dotting tool and a fine brush. You can find a lot of tutorials on how to paint moustaches onto your nails, but I followed this one by Cutepolish. 

It wasn't actually all that hard to paint the moustaches, I was surprised at how good they look. I was even more surprised at how good they look on my non-dominant hand - I actually like this design on my non-dominant hand better, because I like the colour placement more, but also because some of the moustaches actually came out like a dream!


Then to finish this post: whenever I think about moustaches, I automatically think about all the fuss about Watson's moustache in the Sherlock S3 trailer - any of you watch that? :)

Thanks for reading!

10 comments:

The Nail Snail said...

These look so cute! I love the different base colors you used, and your moustaches look perfect! The first photo is beautiful :)

rexxx did it said...

Thank you! I also loved these so much, so much cuteness on my nails :)

Lucy (the Nail Snail) said...

Also, I've nominated you for a Versatile Blogger award:
http://the-nail-snail.blogspot.com/2013/11/versatile-blogger-award.html
(you definitely don't have to do it if you don't want to!)

rexxx did it said...

Oh that's so nice of you! I'll definitely do it, thank you so much! :)

Galorious Blog said...

beautiful! i love the colour scheme you used. Im also in love with your first photograph! :D

rexxx did it said...

Thank you! I was ecstatic when I noticed that the colours of the coffee mug matched my nails so I just had to have a picture like that :)

The Sequined Nail said...

I love the colours you used! Your mustaches look so good - I wish I could do them like that! :)

rexxx did it said...

Thank you! I was actually surprised myself that they came out so moustache-like, haha :)

Paulina said...

So cute. Love these cute little chevrons by your cuticles :)

Robin said...

Thank you! This actually means a lot coming from you, I love all your designs!

Post a Comment